GOALS OF TREATMENT
- Eliminate or Decrease Pain
- Increase the Ability to Cope with Pain
- Decrease or Eliminate the Use of Medication
- Return the Patient to Beneficial Employment
- Improve the Patient’s Quality of Life
Treatment of Pain
- Arthritis Pain
- Headache and Neck Pain
- Mid-back Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Joint and Extremity Pain
- Peripheral Neurogenic (Nerve) Pain
What is a Pain Management Center?
A qualified Pain Management Center has a Specialist who is a Medical Doctor with additional training and experience in the advanced techniques of pain relief. Pain Management specialists are typically Board Certified by the American Society of Anesthesiology in Pain Management or the American Academy of Pain Medicine.
A Pain Management Specialist uses a medical approach to the understanding of pain, how it affects our ability to function in our daily life, and how it affects our psychological outlook. The medical profession acknowledges, pain is a disease process.